June 19, 2012

Heart Walk 2012

On Saturday June 9th, Jose, Joaquin and I participated in the Congenital Heart Walk. The walk, put on by the Adult Congenital Heart Association, took place in Oakland and was a 5K that took us all the way around Lake Merritt. Not only was this a fun event, it was a great way to spend a Saturday morning, and the weather could not have been more perfect!
Our team from Mended Little Hearts of Silicon Valley was definitely the largest there, and I am so proud to say we raised over $16,000 for congenital heart research! There were plenty of other teams there as well, overall it was so wonderful to see so many people come out to walk and support CHD research and awareness.
Our team!
Co-coordinators: Myself, and "Heart Mom" Heather <3

My little man, modeling our lovely shirts
Speaking on behalf of our team before the race starts. Cue the nerves!!
So happy to always have my little family by my side :)

No comments: