May 15, 2012

Mother's Day at the Chalet

I think this Mother's Day was the first year I really celebrated as a Mother. Last year, Joaquin was only 5 months old and we had just gotten back from a long trip to North Carolina, so I'm pretty sure we both slept all day. This year, however I knew I wanted to do something special but low-key. The morning started with a visit to Jose's Abuelita's house for some coffee and delish pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread). Then, we made our way to The Lake Chalet on Lake Merritt in Oakland. I had never been here before but had heard some great things, and it did not disappoint! Great atmosphere, and the scenery is gorgeous! It used to be a boathouse, so it is right on the lake. Apparently they also have gondola rides that you can take around the lake, we will definitely have to go for that next time (perhaps sans baby). Brunch was amazing, I devoured my "breakfast corn dog" (sausage dipped in pancake with powdered sugar and syrup), and savored every bite of my crab and asparagus omelet. Wash it down with a couple mimosas I was one happy mama!


The rest of the day was spent shopping, relaxing, visiting with friends and family, and some In-N-Out for dinner, since I didn't feel like cooking. All and all, a very Happy Mother's Day to me! xxoo

1 comment:

Holly said...

sounds perfect. and now i really want a breakfast corndog!!!!