May 11, 2012

Love to L.O.V.E.

Since I went, oh, a year without blogging, I feel like from time to time I need to back track and post about things that happened during my hiatus. One of these things was mine and Jose's Christmas gift to each other - a trip to Vegas! So here we go...
This year as I was thinking about what I could possibly want for Christmas, it dawned on me that I really didn't want anything. I mean, sure I could think of things if I really tried but nothing seemed enticing enough to ask Jose to buy me. And since I was having trouble figuring out what to get him as well, I offered up this suggestion: we forego presents and instead treat ourselves to a trip to Vegas. And since my birthday is just two weeks after Christmas (Jan 4), it doubled as my bday gift.

Vegas in January is the way to go (as long as you're not itching to lay by the pool all day). It wasn't hot out at all, and it was so cheap! We only went for 2 days, and didn't have a lot planned so it was nice to just relax, party a little bit, and spend time together. The only thing really on our agenda was to go see L.O.V.E., the Cirque de Soleil Beatles show. Being a huge Beatles fan, I had been wanting to see this show FOREVER! I've had the soundtrack for a couple of years now, and I love it. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint. There was a point in the opening number where I actually teared up, I was so excited! Jose loved it too, the first thing he said when it was over was, "I can't wait to see that again." I hope we do get to see it again someday soon!

All and all, I have to say that a trip to Vegas with your honey is a must. And if you can swing it, go see L.O.V.E. It's super expensive but worth every penny, and something you are guaranteed to never forget. xxoo

All dressed up and ready to rock!

Outside of the L.O.V.E. theatre

1 comment:

The Lott Family said...

that sounds super fun. I've been itching to go to Vegas lately!